Hey there, if you are reading this then there is a high chance that you are on a lookout for a little assistance regarding how to transfer Ethereum from MetaMask to Coinbase. Well, we got you covered as you are at the right place. In this blog, we will provide you with a complete guide that will help you to do so.
Let’s take a look at it in more detail.
This is one of the most popular crypto wallets available in the crypto world. Thanks to the widespread use of the Coinbase exchange which is one of the largest crypto exchanges in 2021. Coinbase Wallet is a decentralized application that is accessible from your device’s browser. This wallet allows you to store, send and receive Ether and a plethora of ERC20 tokens. It is a self-custody wallet that gives you complete control of your crypto.
One of the most basic functions that we can perform with wallets, is to send and receive payments. In fact, carrying out these operations is as simple as opening your wallet, entering the address where to send the payment, enter the amount of money and click on "Submit" so that the payment begins to be processed by the network.
But before we get into details, let’s discuss a bit about MetaMask.
Many DEXs are available in the market, such as Aave, OpenSea, and Kava. In pursuit of accessing those DEXs, you will need a way to communicate with their protocols. Enter MetaMask, which is a cryptocurrency wallet that enables users to access the Web 3 ecosystem of decentralized applications (dapps).
It is a non-custodial wallet that can be accessed from your browser (Extension) or mobile (App) and it offers complete control over one’s assets. This can be installed like any regular extension. Post installation, it allows users to store Ether and other ERC-20 tokens, allowing them to make transactions to any Ethereum address.
· The wallet has an intuitive user interface.
· It’s a non-custodial wallet.
· It is open source software. This implies it has a large development community that contributes to its development
· Easy to interact with other supported Dapps.
· An in-app DEX aggregator that allows users to swap ERC20 tokens natively.
Here, we have created this step-by-step guide to make it a cakewalk for you. So, let’s get started-
The first step to sending and receiving your Ethereum is to obtain the address of the receiving wallet. For that, you just need to follow these simple steps.
· Sign in to your coinbase account and click the “Send / Receive” button available in the upper right corner of the screen.
· Click the “Receive” option → Click the “Asset” field and select the currency that you want to send (ETH, BTC, etc.)
· Now, copy the address provided by Coinbase.
· Click your MetaMask wallet extension → Type in your password to unlock it.
Note - To transfer Ethereum, you must be on the Ethereum Mainnet.
Make sure you copied the address correctly to guarantee your Ethereum goes to the correct wallet. Once you send cryptocurrency to the wrong address, you will not be able to get it back. Hence, always be vigilant and ensure to copy your wallet address. Now, you need to paste your copied address into Metamask. For that, follow the steps below-
· Open your Metamask wallet and click the “Send” option.
· Paste the Coinbase wallet address that you copied in Step 1 and choose the amount you want to send.
· Click “Next”.
· After clicking “Next”, you will be able to see the estimated gas fee and the total ETH after the gas fee deduction.
· Click Confirm
Congratulations! Your transaction should now be pending, and your crypto should be on its way to your Coinbase account. It may take a couple of minutes to reach your Coinbase account, so be patient.
If you would like to check the status of your transaction, you can check the Activity tab on your MetaMask wallet, and you can also open your Coinbase account and check the ETH recent transactions by clicking on the ETH.